Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Babysitting Some Cuties



Last week, friends of ours asked us if we would watch their two children for a few days while they went away. Sean and I jumped at the chance because well, we kind of like children. In case you didn’t know.  J

We had the joy of watching Elisha (3.5 years old) and Claire (16 months) from Wednesday to Saturday. It was a few days of fun and positive learning experiences for Sean and me.

In hopes of having our own children some day, I secretly (well not so secret anymore, I guess) have a list of stuff that I would DEFINITELY NEED for us (I mean....our children) to make life easier. It’s been watching other parents over the years and seeing what things they get and thinking, “Oh wow, that would be great to have.”  The list is a long one.  J

Some things we learned/observed while watching the cuties for those few days:

1.       My husband is going to be one AMAZING father some day.
2.       I have a lot more patience than I thought I had.
3.       Cuddle time is one of my favourite things.
4.       Boys are DEFINITELY different than girls.
5.       When the children are napping, the parents should nap as well.
6.       The parents definitely need to have “mommy and daddy time”.
7.       Boys like to be villains and heroes; the killer and the saviour all in one character.
8.       Girls love the attention of the dad; it’s as if they know/sense the security that they have with him.
9.       No matter what age a kid is, they LOOOVE Macaroni and Cheese.
10.   I love the way little children say my name: Ma-wee.
11.   We can learn from them: faith, fearlessness and innocence.

Here are some pictures of the kiddos:

Meet Miss Claire!










Meet Hero Elisha


Miss Claire's Funny Face


























Hero Elisha bein' all cool.















Uncle Sean & Miss Claire making funny faces.














Hero Elisha














Kids. Are. Awesome.

Much love,
Meredith

2 comments:

Karebear on June 28, 2011 at 10:14 AM said...

I'm glad it was a positive experience. Kids are the best!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you both had fun too! I found I "borrowed" kids and learned a ton before becoming a mommy, coz you can never learn enough, lol!!

Post a Comment

Followers

Kenya's Time

Nairobi

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men