Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Wonderful Destiny


Sean and I are at In Step right now. We have a sweet little four-month old in our room with us tonight. Yes, that would be the infamous Cindy (aka Cindy-Lou!).

Anyway, I want to share a story with you; a story about destiny.

She has the sweetest brown eyes I’ve ever seen and the eye lashes that a lot of women would pay money for.  She has one of the cutest smiles and when you make her funny smile face, she imitates it and we all laugh. It’s a smile where she closes her eyes really tight, scrunches her nose, and shows all of her teeth.

She didn’t always smile.


When she came to In Step on February 16, 2011, she was a broken 11-month old with the saddest eyes in the whole wide world. Her mother was mentally unstable and therefore unable to take care of her. Her father: he had broken her. He had just gone to prison for raping his daughter; this sweet little baby girl.

She didn’t know how to laugh. When her diaper was being changed, she would scream.  Perhaps in fear of what she thought was coming next, we don’t know. But she was a broken, sad little girl.

Fast forward to today.

Since being here at In Step, almost seven months now, she is one of the happiest little girls.  She LOVES to cuddle; she does not fear Sean or Jeff. She is always smiling.

When I sit down, this little girl comes over to me and wants to be held. I pick her up and she immediately buries her head into my neck, arms wrapped around me.  I get kisses on my cheek from her.  She loves to be loved.


A broken, sad baby girl is now a healing, happy little girl. She found a safe place with safe people who have so much love to give her.

So why the title “A Wonderful Destiny”? Well, her Swahili name in English means Destiny. She IS a wonderful Destiny and I pray and believe that she is destined for amazing things. She lights up a room and lights up my heart.

I adore this little girl. She is a true blessing to all who get to meet and love her.

Much Love,
Meredith 

1 comments:

Debafer on September 7, 2011 at 2:58 PM said...

Hey Sean and Meredith,

Getting caught up on you in your blog and WOW what a story. I can't spend any time thinking about what that poor girl has been through 'cause I can't wrap my head around that, but as always, to know that a child has found love in the eyes of you and Sean is the most amazing thing!! So happy for you both - Hugs from Barrie! xo

Post a Comment

Followers

Kenya's Time

Nairobi

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men