Thursday, December 8, 2011

Teardrops Today


Awhile ago a friend here in Kitale, had told me about this new song from Laura Story called Blessings. I thought it would be a good song to listen to but then I forgot all about it.

Until today.

One of my dear friends posted a bit of the song as her Facebook status this morning and then I remembered the song.  So I found it on itunes and downloaded it and listened to it for the first time today.

Lots of teardrops fell.

I’m having a difficult time right now; there are different reasons for it this season.  There have been so many things and changes going on in such a short period of time that sometimes I feel like I’m suffocating. I feel like I haven’t been able to catch my breath in a long while.

There’s a deep passion/longing in me that is so strong that sometimes I think that it too is suffocating me.  It’s like I can’t get past it to see the bigger picture of who I am and what I am to do.

So why the song?

Maybe my eyes, ears and heart aren’t focused on the right things.  Maybe I need to hear what my Father is saying to me when I cry or all those nights when I can’t sleep.  Maybe I need to just sit, rest and breathe.

I need to be more able and willing to hear when He speaks because it’s like the song says,

What if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

So I’ll try to soak up the raindrops, the tears, the sleepless nights and the trials if it means being closer to You.

Meredith



1 comments:

Paula Helton on December 10, 2011 at 9:27 AM said...

A great reminder to us...hope it helps you, it does me.

Post a Comment

Followers

Kenya's Time

Nairobi

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men